Healthy, glowing skin is what most of us want all year. But let’s face it, sometimes the change of season (we’re looking at you, winter) has different plans for our overall skin health. If you tend to a more dry, irritated skin in winter, then there are few changes you need to make to your skincare routine to help the barrier of your skin adapt to the dryer winter season.
Whether your skin is oily, dry, sensitive or prone to acne, Exuviance is here to help you look after your skin barrier this winter.
What is your skin barrier?
Our skin barrier is the lipid matrix in our outermost layer of the skin. It works as a protector, keeping outside microbes from permeating into the dermal layers, but also it prevents transepidermal water loss (evaporation). It’s made up of ceramides, fatty acids, and cholesterols. A healthy skin barrier is essential for containing skin’s hydrating water content and protecting skin from external elements (UV, bacteria, allergens, pollution).
When the barrier is weakened, the skin may be dry, flaky, itchy, irritated or sensitive. PHAs – clinically proven to strengthen barrier function, reduce water loss and improve resistance to irritation — should be the cornerstone of any protocol treatment or take-home plan.
With the help of Exuviance, you can select the below-recommended protocol treatment plan and home care regimen —that addresses your specific needs.
SKINnocent Calming & Well-Being Protocol
This protective ritual is ideal for sensitive, dry, rosacea-prone skin, as well as post-procedure. Designed with gentle exfoliants along with firming and plumping ingredients, this treatment helps restore well-being to compromised skin.
The SKINnocent protocol includes KEY INGREDIENTS designed to address your specific concerns:
- Gluconolactone – PHA that defends against environmental stressors
- Lactobionic Acid – Water-binding sugar-acid for moisture restoration
- Aminofi l – Targets skin’s volumizing matrix to plump and firm
SKINdulgence Revitalizing Hydration Protocol
This restorative ritual is ideal for dry, dull, devitalized skin and any skin type in need of extra hydration. This is the ultimate treatment to moisturize and target the skin’s hydrating matrix.
The SKINdulgence protocol includes key ingredients designed to address your client’s concerns:
- AHA Peels – Surface exfoliants to revitalize dull skin texture
- Gluconolactone – PHA humectant designed for sensitive skin
- Lactobionic Acid – Water-binding sugar-acid for dehydrated skin
- Hyaluronic Acid – A potent humectant that is found naturally in the skin
- NMF (Natural Moisturizing Factor) Blend – Amino acid complex that attracts moisture to the skin
- Grape Seed, Green Tea, and Lilac Leaf Extracts – Help neutralize oxidative stressors
- Vitamins A, C, and E – protect against environmental stressors
Some hero products recommended by Exuviance this Winter are:
- Supercharge Antioxidant Serum has six antioxidants, including the proven botanicals Grape Seed, EGCG Green Tea and Lilac Extracts, target 10 sources of oxidative damage brought on by daily environmental exposure, the primary cause of visible signs of ageing. – RRSP – R1166-00
- Deep Hydration restores a feeling of suppleness with PHA/Bionics and Evening Primrose Oil, strengthening skin’s moisture barrier. A potent Anti-Pollution Complex, including Lilac Cell Culture Extract and PHA/Bionics, helps neutralize the effects of daily environmental damage such as ageing free radicals and metals. – RRSP – R797.41
- Ultra-Restorative Creme. This rich antiaging cream is formulated to provide intense hydration and light exfoliation without irritation leaving photodamaged skin smoother and softer. Ideal for dry, sensitive skin or post-cosmetic procedure use. – RRSP – R783.72
- Retinol Eye Cream is a potent eye cream that helps encourages skin renewal for a brighter, firmer and smoother undereye appearance on the face. The Ph in this cream is set to 6.5 because it is needed for the higher concentration of retinol in the formula not to irritate the skin. It also delivers the highest concentration of Vitamin A without and harsh effects. – RRSP – R1088.13
All of the Exuviance® products are not tested on animals and are available online at DermaStore or Skin Miles and from selected Skincare Clinics and Spas.
For a list of stockists, please visit the Genop website.