On Tuesday 13th October, a one-hour virtual event created by S.Pellegrino to bring together the restaurant community around a message of hope and positivity for the future.
As the next key phase of its #SupportRestaurants commitment, S.Pellegrino announces the Food Meets Hope, the digital event to chart positive stories of restaurant restructure, recovery and revitalisation, and explore how the gastronomic sector can thrive once again. Food Meets Hope, taking place on the 13 October as the kick-off event of the Recovery Summit hosted by the World’s 50 Best Restaurants organisation, will gather the global food community online to share best practices and visions of a post-pandemic world for the gastronomy industry.
The one-hour webinar, live at 3 pm (UK time) on The World’s 50 Best Restaurants Facebook channel, will explore three different themes:
- Recovery – the first session, taking the attendees around the world to several restaurants that have received a 50 Best Recovery Grant, will celebrate the progressive recovery in the gastronomic world through the inspiring words of international Chefs, explaining what the grant means for their business in such challenging times;
- Inclusivity – the second session, in the form of a diverse panel of chefs, including among others Daniela Soto-Innes and Ivan Brehm, will be a reflection on kitchen culture, including the recent learnings about inclusivity in their restaurants and beyond, and their hope for a more diverse hospitality sector;
- Evolution – the third session will host a keynote discussion among some of the most renowned top chefs of the world – Richard Ekkebus, Dominique Crenn, Tim Raue and more – who will share their thoughts about reopening and sustainability, including business sustainability in the post-pandemic world, a new and more sustainable work-life model for chefs and hospitality workers, as well as environmental sustainability;
And to expand on and explore in more detail topics of reopening, lockdown learnings, sustainability, inclusivity, S.Pellegrino will also launch Vision of Recovery Insta Live series, over 3 days of Summit. The calendar of Instagram Live Interviews with top chefs, among others Daniel Humm and Bjorn Frantzén, will be hosted on The World’s 50Best Instagram channel by 50 Best and Fine Dining Lovers journalists.
Stefano Bolognese, Sanpellegrino International Business Unit Director, says: “The gastronomy sector all around the world has been rocked by the events of 2020, but we believe that together our industry is strong and resilient. For this reason, earlier this year, we launched the S.Pellegrino #SupportRestaurants Movement to stand side by side with the chef community in such challenging times. As part of our commitment to facilitate the process of the rebuilding of the sector, we are proud to be part of the 50 Best Recovery Summit, together with our Food Meets Hope event, to offer opportunities to debate, learn, share experiences, and to actively contribute to shape the industry of tomorrow in a positive way”.
Food Meets Hope is one of the key elements of the Recovery Summit that also includes the following ones:
- 50 Best Masterclasses, with the world’s top chefs and bartenders demonstrating dishes and pairing cocktails for a hungry audience at home;
- #50BestTalks, presented by Miele, with leading gastronomic thinkers discussing how current events are transforming what we eat;
- New Horizons, an exploration of the future of fine dining, inclusivity and recognition.