Librisa Spa’s nurturing and holistic philosophy centres on the power of touch combined with the use of healing marine and plant extracts found in the spa’s Thalgo and Sothys product ranges. Believing that our environment already exposes us to far too many chemicals, these products are all natural. The spa also uses Thera Naka’s super hydrating and nourishing oils, made from indigenous local marula and baobab tree oils, as a base for most of their massages.
Librisa’s menu focuses on de-stressing, anti-ageing and cell renewal, with facials, massages, body wraps, and customised treatments for men, pregnant women and teens, as well as all-day packages for all-out pampering. Sothys offers six different facials, concentrating on energising, hydrating, brightening, peeling and re-surfacing.
Specialised yoga instructors offer individual and group sessions, which can be taken in the beautiful tranquil hotel gardens for a truly harmonious experience. There are also body building and fitness assessment experts on hand to help you sculpt your way to your “body beautiful”.
That said, one of Librisa’s most popular offerings is Afternoon Bliss, an indulgent combination of a full body massage followed by the hotel’s legendary Afternoon Tea – tuck into a sumptuous array of sweet and savoury delicacies in the hotel’s elegant lounge, the sunny conservatory, or on the expansive outdoor terrace.
To commemorate Belmond Mount Nelson’s Pink Centenary – the hotel was painted its unmistakable rosy hue at the end of World War 1 to celebrate a new era of peace, joy and hope – the spa has introduced its Signature Rose Petal and Geranium one-hour massage, a fragrant rose-petal oil massage designed to enhance deep relaxation and increase lymphatic flow, using handcrafted rose petal and geranium poultices blended with local herbs, priced at ZAR1 120.
More good news: enjoy our complimentary child-minding service whilst you relax with your treatment; and, should you book a treatment of two hours or more, you will receive complimentary access to the hotel’s heated swimming pool and you would be welcome to soak up some rays on the sun loungers.
Take it up a notch and consider joining Librisa’s impressive TIME membership programme, starting from ZAR1 500 per month, which offers remarkable discounts on all spa products and treatments, complimentary vouchers, and unlimited access to the hotel’s gym, sauna, steam room and swimming pools.
Nice to know:
- Librisa Spa is situated in a heritage building next to the Oasis restaurant. The building is part of a collection of five Victorian buildings on Faure Street – which was one of Cape Town’s first residential streets. These buildings were awarded heritage status after having been renovated and restored to their former glory.
- The changing rooms each have a sauna and steam bath as well as an enclosed courtyard with a heated plunge pool – the perfect place to unwind before and after treatments.
- There are eight treatment rooms, each named after a flower – Protea, Cosmos, Hibiscus, Gardenia, Aloe, Amaryllis, Cascara and Azalea.
- Two of the rooms have been specially designed for tandem treatment packages
- Two of the upstairs rooms lead onto spacious balconies with magnificent views of Table Mountain.
- A sun-splashed conservatory with comfortable loungers is an inviting spot for guests to take time out to read and relax.
Click on the link below for the full spa menu: http://belmondcdn.azureedge.net/pdfs/mnh-brochure-spa.pdf
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel’s Librisa Spa is located at 76 Orange Street, Gardens, Cape Town; Tel: +27 (0) 021 483 1553/4.