A host of exciting events will make for memorable occasions at The Twelve Apostles Hotel & Spa from July to September…
From scrummy breakfasts to sophisticated food and wine dinners to elaborate high teas for the sweet of tooth, grab a friend, a loved one or a group of your besties and make the most of it.
Get your day off to a great start with The Café Grill’s Breakfast Special every day from 07h00 to 11h00! Enjoy one of three delicious breakfasts in the beautiful surroundings of the Café Grill restaurant:
- Café Breakfast Two eggs of your choice, crispy back bacon, pork sausage, beef sausage, sautéed mushrooms and grilled tomato
- Eggs Benedict With Salmon or Bacon
- Café Croissant Breakfast Creamy scrambled egg, smoked salmon trout & chive crème fraiche.
Price for all three options is R95 per person.
The perfect date night out…What could be more perfect than a romantic Dinner and a Movie against a dramatic mountain and sea backdrop? Following a three-course gourmet dinner for two in the stylish Azure restaurant, you can snuggle up for a cosy movie night in our private 16-seater in-house cinema, complete with popcorn, milkshakes and sweetie treats. Cost is R525 per person. *OR make a night of it by staying overnight; includes breakfast (price on request).
For the Christmas in July High Tea Pastry Chef, Gina Marziani, has been hard at work creating a selection of festive goodies for the high tea stands. And in true Christmas spirit, we have gifts to give-away too. From 10h00 to 16h00 daily in The Leopard Bar and Conservatory, price is R325 per person for the High Tea by the Sea and R375 per person for the Vegan High Tea.
Make a date in The Café Grill for this Winter’s delicious Curry Special that includes our famous Prawn Dhal as a starter, followed by three different curries, with rice, roti, poppadums and condiments, as well as a delectable rice pudding dessert. A complimentary glass of MCC on arrival will warm the cockles of your heart this winter. Takes place daily for lunch and dinner until the end of September, price is R395 per person.
Head to The Spa to warm up cold and achy muscles with an indulgent 60-minute Full Body and Scalp Massage. Price is R890 per person.
“Let’s Hear it for The Girls” – Pastry Chef Gina, is the leading lady in our kitchen and she’ll be pulling out all the stops for the Women’s Day High Tea Buffet especially for the Ladies! Early booking is essential for this popular annual event taking place in The Atlantic Marquee on 9 August from 14h30 to 17h00. Price is R375 per person and includes a complimentary glass of pink bubbles. A selection of High Tea by the Sea and Vegan High Tea items will be on the Buffet.
The mind and body-altering Women’s Day Wine, Dine and Yoga Event includes a one-night stay over, two 75-minute yoga sessions with Tarryn James from Evolve Yoga and a talk by registered clinical dietician, Jessica Kotlowitz about the benefits of plant-based diets. Also included in this not-to-be-missed event, is a three-course food and wine dinner in Azure restaurant, a full English breakfast including Champagne and fresh oysters, access to the spa and pool facilities and a surprise gift hamper. Check in is at 14h00 on 8 August. Price is R4350 per room for two guests or R2175 per person sharing.
For 32 years the Engelbrecht family have specialized in producing red wine with the focus on Syrah, Cabernet and Merlot. The Rust en Vrede Estate Food and Wine Dinner on 31 August will introduce some of these award-winning wines paired with a delicious meal. Taking place in Azure Restaurant, price is R595 per person including food, wine, water and gratuity.
Take care of your skin this Women’s Month… with the most relaxing 60-minute Facial you will ever experience! Price is R990 per person.
Join us for our World Rhino Day Event with Mark Boucher on 7 September and meet one of South Africa’s most loved and respected sportsmen turned rhino activist. The Twelve Apostles is proud to host Mark to talk about his distinguished career and his new passion, as the founder of the SAB Boucher Legacy foundation. 50% of all monies raised from this breakfast event will go towards Mark’s Foundation. This is a chance to get up close and personal with Mark, while doing good at the same time. Besides the delicious Breakfast Buffet with bubbly and Oysters, there are prizes to be won! Taking place in The Atlantic Marquee from 09h00 for 09h30 to 12h00. Price is R375 per person.
Oak Valley Estate is situated along the Groenlandberg Mountain Range in Elgin, one of South Africa’s coolest wine growing regions. Attention to detail in the vineyards and a minimalist intervention approach in the cellar is what shapes the cool climate style of Oak Valley’s wines. Rolling vineyards, apple and pear orchards and 4000 Oak trees cover the valley. The Oak Valley Food and Wine Dinner on 28 September will take you on a journey of discovery of these fine wines. Taking place in The Azure Restaurant from 19h00 for 19h30, price is R595 per person and includes food, wine, water and gratuity.
Situated snugly between a national park and a marine reserve, we’re showing off our unique location with a truly South African Heritage Day Braai on the 23 September. The 3-course spread will include a variety of meat, seafood, traditional sides and salads…served al fresco on The Azure terrace. A marimba band will provide the day’s entertainment. Time is 12h00 to 13h00 and price is R585 per person.
Our Heritage Day High Tea held throughout September will reveal our true colours with the Vegan High Tea and High Tea by the Sea sporting a distinctly South African touch. Lekker local treats on the tea stands will include Hertzoggies, Melk tart Macarons and Rooibos & Orange Verrines. A donation of R25, per high tea sold throughout the month, will be given to the SAB Boucher Legacy foundation at the end of September. Taking place in The Leopard Bar and Conservatory daily between 10h00 and 16h00. Price is R325 per person served on a three-tier tea-stand and R375 per person for the Vegan High Tea.
The Couples Deluxe with High Tea is a Twelve Apostles Spa experience in all its glory this September. Grab your significant other and enjoy a 60-minute Swedish massage in the beautiful Spa, before moving to The Leopard Bar for a glass of bubbles and our famous High Tea By The Sea. From 10h00 to 16h00 daily, price is R2400 per couple.
A taste exploration AND a great night out! Our Dégustation Dinners offer a wonderful combination of flavours and textures across six mouth-watering courses. Dinners take place at The Chefs Table in Azure Restaurant and can be booked for exclusive dinners for between six and 12 guests. Booking is essential. Price is R1450 per person for a six-course dinner including wine pairings and water.
VEGAN TASTING MENU
The Vegan Tasting Menu is made with the freshest, healthiest seasonal ingredients. Things like beetroot, butternut, beans and tofu never tasted or looked this good. Price is R475 per person with a wine pairing option available.
HIGH TEA BY THE SEA
Our legendary High Tea is the ideal way to spoil yourself or to celebrate a special event. Indulge in scrumptious, freshly baked scones with all the trimmings, cupcakes, and mouth-watering finger sandwiches, enjoyed with the perfect cup of tea or speciality coffee. Price is R325 per person, served daily on a three-tier tea stand in The Leopard Bar or The Conservatory.
VEGAN HIGH TEA
Already renowned for our amazing traditional high tea, The Twelve Apostles, now also offers a Vegan High Tea, with both sweet and savoury treats, to complement our current offering. Look out for the delicious dairy free scones, banana and oat cookie, coconut panna cotta and avocado, hummus and marinated tomato tortilla wrap. Chef Gina’s crafty use of dairy substitutes is a revelation even for non-vegans! From 10h00 to 16h00 daily, price is R375 per person.
THE GIN LAB @ THE CONSERVATORY
The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa, where the sun’s last rays touch the hotel before sinking beneath the Atlantic Ocean’s golden horizon, is one of Cape Town’s hottest spots to be and be seen! Make your sundowner moment more perfect with a perfectly crafted Gin. Hosted by our talented Bar Team, make The Gin Lab @ The Conservatory your destination of choice to ‘get your Gin on’! From 11h00 to 21h00 daily.
- Gin & Bare It…Gin Tasting Experience Offering a flight of three Gin’s all individually paired with a different tonic water, served on a unique Gin tasting tray and featuring a variety of botanicals and spices for you to enjoy with your own crafted G&T. Price is R250 per person.
- Gin & Canapé Experience The Gin & Canape Tasting Experience pairs your G&Ts with three Canapes designed by Chef Nicholas Goldschmidt. Price is R395 per person and 24-hours’ notice required to book.
- Gin Making Experience – Craft your own Gin, with the expert assistance of our Gin Mixologist. person. Start the evening with a Gin & Canape Tasting, before moving into artistic mode as you create your own bottle of Gin by infusing your own botanicals into the bottle. EVERY Friday from 18h00, price is R 495 per person.
- Craft Beer & Canapé Experience The non-Gin Drinkers get to savour five different local brews all individually paired with canapes created by Executive Chef Christo Pretorius. Enjoy alongside the Gin Tasting for R295 per person, 24-hours’ notice required.
PICNIC PLEASURES AT STANLEY’S ROCK
Stanley’s Rock at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa, nestled in the untamed beauty of the Table Mountain National Park, with magnificent mountain and ocean views…is THE perfect picnic spot. Three options are available:
- Picnic Pleasures A Picnic Basket packed with decadent treats and a bottle of Moët & Chandon Imperial Champagne. Price is R2750 for two guests. Available to Residents and Non-Residents.
- Picnic Proposal – R3250 per couple. Includes: A Picnic Basket packed with decadent treats; a bottle of Moët & Chandon Imperial Champagne and a bunch of Roses. Price is R3250 per person, available to Residents and Non-Residents.
- Resident Guest Picnic Includes use of the picnic spots and a Gourmet Picnic Hamper. Price is R980 for two guests, only available to Resident Guests.
BLOCKBUSTER BIRTHDAY PARTIES
Make your child’s the best, ‘five-star’ birthday bash ever! Our unique and stress-free children’s parties include a delicious fun-filled lunch and milkshake in The Café Grill, followed by a movie… chosen by the birthday girl /boy, in our private cinema, with popcorn and a host of sweet treats. From 12:30 to 17h00, price is R325 per child (eight years or older).
‘BE THE LEGACY’… MAKE A DIFFERENCE
The Nelson Mandela International Day on 18 July commemorates the lifetime of service Nelson Mandela gave to South Africa and the world. On this day we focus on spending 67 minutes of our time helping someone in need and each member of our staff will be involved in a community oriented activity. Staff can choose to be involved in one of three great initiatives:
- Feeding the community – The making and distribution of sandwiches to the community of Hangberg in Hout Bay.
- Life Matters Foundation – Making a difference in a child’s education by reading or playing maths games at the Lourier Primary School in Retreat.
- Food Forward SA – Joining the Food Forward team at the Century City Conference Center to assist with packing of thousands of food parcels to be distributed all over Cape Town.